Bad news upon change [graphic] / Woodward del.
- Bad news upon change [graphic] / Woodward del.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1794 December 28
- Copyright Date
- [28 December 1794]
- Publication Place
- S. W. Fores, No. 3 Piccadilly
- "The interior of the Royal Exchange, showing part of two sides of the arcaded quadrangle, and the statue from the waist downwards of Charles II (by Grinling Gibbons) on a high pedestal surrounded by an iron railing. It is crowded with men, talking in couples, or walking off in deep dejection. All are elderly and caricatured and their dress is old-fashioned; one has a Jewish profile."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 24.9 x 35.4 cm, on sheet 26 x 37 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1794.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Fores, S. W., publisher.
Royal Exchange (London, England)
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 8505
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 325
- Orbis Record