She will be a soldier [graphic] / Rowlandson delin. ; Schutz sculp.
- She will be a soldier [graphic] / Rowlandson delin. ; Schutz sculp.
- Schütz, Heinrich Joseph, 1760-1822, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1798 May 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 May 1798]
- Publication Place
- Ackermann's Gallery, No. 101 Strand
- "Scene at the door of a rustic inn. Two soldiers (seated) and a handsome girl drink punch together. She stands, wearing the cocked hat and sword-belt of an officer who holds her hand; a child plays with the sword. An old woman chalks up the score. A bugler (left) rides off with a led horse. The sign is the 'King's Head', a profile portrait of George III."--British Museum online catalogue.
Companion print to: He won't be a soldier.
Plate numbered "No. 1" above title.
Temporary local subject terms: Buildings: inns -- Serving maids -- Military uniforms: officers' uniforms -- Soldiers: bugler -- Children -- Inns: King's Head -- Pictures: portrait of George III -- Emblems: horseshoe.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching and aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 36 x 40.8 cm, on sheet 38 x 43 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9315 and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 349
- Orbis Record