[The consequence of not shifting the leg] [graphic].
- [The consequence of not shifting the leg] [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [1798 September 1]
- Copyright Date
- [1 September 1799]
- Publication Place
- [H. Angelo, Curzon Street, May Fair]
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Publication information based on similar plates from the same series.
Title and printmaker from Grego.
Twenty-second of 24 plates from: Rowlandson, T. Hungarian & Highland broad sword. [London] : H. Angelo, 1799.
- 1 print : etching and aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 19.6 x 26.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Angelo, Henry, 1756-1835, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
- Subject (Topic)
Caricatures and cartoons --England
Satires (Visual works) --England
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, pages 374-5
- Orbis Record