Grotesque borders for rooms & halls. No. 17 [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson sculp.
- Grotesque borders for rooms & halls. No. 17 [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson sculp.
- Alternative Title
Grotesque borders for rooms and halls
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1800 October 25
- Copyright Date
- [25 October 1800]
- Publication Place
- R. Ackerman, no. 101 Strand
- "Three strips arranged horizontally, belonging to the same set as BMSat 9488, &c. There are seven groups, five grotesque or 'Lilliputian', with large heads, the others realistic. One strip is covered by 'A Lilliputian Vauxhall' showing the entrance with ticket office, a supper-box, and the orchestra. Other scenes include: a 'Stilish Muddy', a coach hung very low, and with three footmen behind; a military band in which the cymbal-player and drummer are negroes."--British Museum online catalogue.
"No. 17."--Upper right corner.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 34.6 x 47.5 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1800.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Caricatures and cartoons --England
Satires (Visual works) --England
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9689
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 10
- Orbis Record