Cit's airing themselves on a Sunday [graphic] / Rowlandson scul. ; H. Bunbury del.
- Cit's airing themselves on a Sunday [graphic] / Rowlandson scul. ; H. Bunbury del.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1799]
- Copyright Date
- [ca. 1799]
- Publication Place
- "A lady and gentleman are enjoying an aquestrian promenade, too busily engaged in flirting to notice that their horses are riding over some wandering pigs. A Jew is in a chaise, taking his pleasure in the air; the fair Jewess, his wife, is driving, the rest of their family are by their side. A stout elderly volunteer in his uniform is out for exercise and relaxation, mounted on a heavy horse from the cart, ridden with blinkers."--Grego.
Date from Grego.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 24.8 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 5
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 372
- Orbis Record