All a growing, a growing, heres flowers for your gardens [graphic] / Rowlandson delin. ; Merke sculp.
- All a growing, a growing, heres flowers for your gardens [graphic] / Rowlandson delin. ; Merke sculp.
- Alternative Title
- Cries of London ; no. 6 and Cries of London ; no. 6.
- Merke, Henri, printmaker. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2010193827
- Published / Created
- 1799 March 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 March 1799]
- Publication Place
- R. Ackermann's, 101 Strand
- "A handsome young man sells pot-plants to a pretty young woman who stands on a door-step (left); a little girl beside her points eagerly to the flowers. He has a two-wheeled cart drawn by an ass; in it are small shrubs in large pots; two pots of flowering plants are on the ground. The background is formed by part of a palatial house having a portico raised on an arcade."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title etched below series title and number.
- 1 print : etching with aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 36.7 x 30 cm, on sheet 48.5 x 30 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n97872468
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, artist. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50022330
- Subject (Topic)
Carts & wagons.
City & town life.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9479 and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 354
- Orbis Record