St. Giles's courtship [graphic].
- St. Giles's courtship [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [10 April 1799]
- Publication Place
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Printmaker from Grego.
Title etched below image.
Two lines of verse below title: Here vulgar nature plays her courser part. And eyes speak out the language of [the] heart ...
- 1 print : etching with stipple and aquatint border on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 35.2 x 29.7 cm, on sheet 41 x 31 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Riviere & Son Binding.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 364
- Orbis Record