St. James's courtship [graphic].
- St. James's courtship [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [10 April 1799]
- Publication Place
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Printmaker from Grego.
Temporary local subject terms: Female dress: headdress -- Male costume: night-cap-- Dishes: coffee service -- Coffee cups without handles, 1799.
Title etched below image.
Two lines of verse below title: Here like the fly, vice flirts the painted wing without, all saint within, a venomed sting! ...
- 1 print : etching with stipple and aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 34.9 x 30 cm, on sheet 41 x 31 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Riviere & Son Binding.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 364
- Orbis Record