Tax gatherer [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- Tax gatherer [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- Alternative Title
- Country characters ; no. 5
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [1799 August 30]
- Copyright Date
- [30 August 1799]
- Publication Place
- R. Ackerman, no. 101 Strand
Date from alternate state. See The Lewis Walpole Library, call no. 799.08.30.05.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Temporary local subject terms: Taxes: tax collector -- Window tax -- Income tax -- Bird cages -- Pets: cat.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 24.8 x 19.8 cm, on sheet 28 x 23 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 14
- Orbis Record