The sailor and banker, or, The firm in danger! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- The sailor and banker, or, The firm in danger! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- Alternative Title
- Firm in danger!
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1799 October 28
- Copyright Date
- [28 October 1799]
- Publication Place
- R. Ackerman, no. 101 Strand
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Temporary local subject terms: Slang: tickler -- Slang: firm -- Bank notes.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 35.3 x 25.5 cm, on sheet 39 x 29 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 407
- Orbis Record