A dasher!, or, The road to ruin in the west [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etch'd by Rowlandson.
- A dasher!, or, The road to ruin in the west [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etch'd by Rowlandson.
- Alternative Title
- Road to ruin in the west
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50022330
- Published / Created
- 1799 November 5
- Copyright Date
- [5 November 1799]
- Publication Place
- R. Ackerman, no. 101 Strand
Cited in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v.7, as a companion print to no. 9466.
Temporary local subject terms: Vehicles: dasher -- Military: cavalry officers -- Placards -- Playbills -- Literature: Reference to Bon Ton by David Garrick (1717-1779) -- Reference to A New Way to Pay Old Debts by Philip Massinger (1583-1640) -- Reference to Bow Street -- Dress: driving dress, 1799 -- Parks: reference to Rotten Row, Hyde Park -- Prisons: reference to King's Bench -- Offices: sheriff's officer's office -- Expressions of speech: 'road to ruin'.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 21.6 x 33 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 6
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n97872468
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n86135974
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 371
- Orbis Record