An anonymous letter! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- An anonymous letter! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- Alternative Title
- Matrimonial comforts ; sketch 3
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [1 October 1799]
- An angry wife confronts her astonished husband with a letter from his paramour in which she suggests a rendezvous in the garden after the wife has gone to bed.
Earlier edition of print described by Joseph Grego in Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 14.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Series title and number etched above image.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 21.7 x 19.4 cm, on sheet 27 x 21 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1799.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Spouses--Caricatures and cartoons.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record