Desire [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- Desire [graphic] / Woodward del. ; etched by Rowlandson.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [20 January 1800]
- A hunger boy (left) holding the string of a bag over his shoulder, scratches his hair under his hat, as he looks in a window. On the otherside of the window, a grinning cook holds up a large plum pudding on a platter.
“No. 7”--Upper right corner above image.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Temporary local subject terms: Children -- Cooks -- Hunger.
Three lines of text below image: Various are the ways this passion might be depicted, in this delineation the subjects chosen are simple -- a hungry boy -- and a plumb pudding.
Title etched above image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 29.3 x 23 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1800.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 1
- Orbis Record