Salt water [graphic] / Rowlandson 1800.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Salt water [graphic] / Rowlandson 1800.
- Salt water [graphic] / Rowlandson 1800.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [25 March 1800]
In the foreground, two women help a third terrified down the steps of a cabana and into the water. Two other women watch from inside; all are naked except for one of the women who pulls the woman into the water. A similar scene takes place in the distance; the cabana in the distance is marked "Margate mach[ine]".
For reissue of print published in 1802, see Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 41.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 19.3 x 22.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)