A sulky [graphic] / Rowlandson del.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > A sulky [graphic] / Rowlandson del.
- A sulky [graphic] / Rowlandson del.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker, artist.
- Copyright Date
- [26 June 1800]
A pretty young woman sits at a table opposite a fat, older man, asleep with his glasses pushed on his forehead. The sit before a fire in a bedroom with a canope over the bed or couch (left), a guitar leaning against it. Two other pretty young woman enter through the door. A bird in a cage hangs from the ceiling; a dog yawns at the feet of the seated woman. A book lies open on the table along with a carafe of wine. The couple both hold wine glasses.
Attributed to Rowlandson by Grego.
Companion print to: A silly.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching and aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 27.8 x 30.7 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1800.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, pages 6-7
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)