Union between England & Ireland [graphic].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Union between England & Ireland [graphic].
- Union between England & Ireland [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Union between England and Ireland
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [1799 or 1800]
"A burly and ragged Irishman with a wooden leg sits on the knee of a fat and grotesque Englishwoman; they kiss, his right arm round her neck, both her arms round his shoulders. A poverty-stricken room is indicated by a low casement window with broken panes, bricks showing through broken plaster, and a rough plank door (left). On a table is an enormous tankard and a small measure of gin."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker, date and artist from the British Museum catalogue. Or later? See drawing in the Lewis Walpole Library attributed to Woodward.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper, hand-colored ; sheet 28.2 x 20.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9462
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)