The miser's prayer!! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scul.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > The miser's prayer!! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scul.
- The miser's prayer!! [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scul.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [10 February 1801]
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Pubd. Feby. 10, 1801, by R. Ackermann, No. 101 Strand,
A thin man in shabby clothes, kneels in prayer before a candle on a chair, bedcurtains on either side of the chair; his toes through his worn shoes. The window panes in his room are broken.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Three paragraphs of letterpress below title: Plutus thou God of wealth and riches, deign to listen to thy humble votary...
Title printed in letterpress below image.
- 1 print : etching and stipple engraving on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 42.8 x 26 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 30
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)