The Topers mistake [graphic].
- The Topers mistake [graphic].
- Copyright Date
- [ca. 1801]
- From the pulpit a minister wearing eyeglasses (right) reads to his small, mostly asleep congregation a sermon from a pile of papers resting on a pillow: "He brews, ten and twelve!!" A sleepy-looking man with a bulbous nose and carbuncels (foreground, left) looks up and in a speech balloon above is head: And no bad stuff either let me tell you. I should like a to take a mug.
Date assigned by curator.
For similar design see Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist v. 2, page 33.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 35.7 x 22 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record