A woman of fashion's journal [graphic] / Woodward del.
- A woman of fashion's journal [graphic] / Woodward del.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [1 May 1802]
- "A young woman half reclines beside a breakfast-table, on which are urn, tea-pot, and two cups. A book is in her right hand. She 'Dreamt of the Captain . . . Breakfasted at Two . . . dined at Seven . . . went to the Opera . . . my ci-devant husband in the opposite Box.'"--British Museum online catalogue.
One paragraph of text printed in letterpress below title: Dreamt of the captain-certainly a fine man-counted my card money ...
Printmaker from Grego.
Title printed in letterpress below plate line.
- 1 print : etching and drypoint on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 20.5 x 25.2 cm, on sheet 42.8 x 25.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 7
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1802.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9942 and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 35
- Orbis Record