Special pleaders in the court of requests [graphic] / Rowlandson scul.
- Special pleaders in the court of requests [graphic] / Rowlandson scul.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
-  and [28 May 1802]
- "Heading to a broadside, printed in three columns: the lengthy speeches (evidently by Woodward) of the two pleaders, 'Snip' and 'Galen Glauber'. A fat citizen, the judge of the court, sits in an armchair on a low dais, a gouty leg resting on a cushion; he holds his nose in pained disgust. On the left a tailor in shirt-sleeves snips his shears angrily at the doctor, who stands (right) hat in hand holding up a pair of breeches on the end of his cane. On the wall (left) are bulky volumes: 'Game Laws', 'Folio XI', 'Vagrant Act', 'Penal Laws', 'Blackton [sic] Vol 2'. The tailor complains that the doctor refuses to pay for the breeches, the doctor answers 'this precipitate Maniac', asserting that the tightness of the waist-band induced a complaint which rendered them 'too foetid for further Use'."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title from broadside printed on same sheet.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 21.3 x 25 cm, on sheet 46 x 31 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 8
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9936 and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 36
- Orbis Record