Patience in a punt [graphic] / H. Bunbury Esq. delin. ; T. Rowlandson sculp.
- Patience in a punt [graphic] / H. Bunbury Esq. delin. ; T. Rowlandson sculp.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [20 March 1803]
- Three elderly citizens in a punt which is propelled by a boy (left) wearing trousers. Two are fishing: one stands, 'chapeau-bras', the other, who is obese, sits in a chair. The third (right) sits in a chair smoking, his back to the others. The standing fisherman, who wears spectacles, has hooked a small dog. On the right, a swan swims toward the boat.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 18.2 x 21.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 8
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1803.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Bunbury, Henry William, 1750-1811, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record