The French admiral on board the Euryalus [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scul.
- The French admiral on board the Euryalus [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scul.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Copyright Date
- [11 December 1805]
- Three British sailors invite the captured French Admiral to sit and eat with them: " Well come sit down and do as we do. We never bear malice toa Frenchman after we have thrash'd him". The Admiral remarks: "Ah! Ag, b'egar you site dam vell, but no vonder, you eat dam vel, and you drink dam vel!
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 27.6 x 38 cm, on sheet 29.2 x 38 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 8
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1805.
- Subject (Geographic)
- Great Britain.--Royal Navy--History--Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815.
- Subject (Name)
Ackermann, Rudolph, 1764-1834, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Subject (Topic)
Eating & drinking.
Trafalgar, Battle of, 1805.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 408
- Orbis Record