Mr. Ralph Marrowbone forming an obtuse angle [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scup.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Mr. Ralph Marrowbone forming an obtuse angle [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scup.
- Mr. Ralph Marrowbone forming an obtuse angle [graphic] / Woodward del. ; Rowlandson scup.
- Alternative Title
- Mathematical horsemanship ; plate 1
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, artist.
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
"A fat 'cit' on an ill-bred horse leans back in the saddle with legs thrust forward; the angle of his seat is shown by a dotted half-circle above his head on which 90 degrees are marked, above his point of contact with the horse. An absurd dog barks at the horse's heels. In the background two riders are being flung from their horses. Behind them is St. Paul's and adjacent houses. On the right is a windmill. Illustration to an account of a grotesque City subscription hunt, whose rule is never to go out of sight of St. Paul's."--British Museum catalogue.
Date of publication from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image; series title etched above image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 8.9 x 14.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 11491
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 179
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)