A mad dog in a coffee house [graphic] / J. Nixon Esqr. delin ; Rowlandson scul.
- A mad dog in a coffee house [graphic] / J. Nixon Esqr. delin ; Rowlandson scul.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [20 March 1809]
- Publication Place
- [London] :
- Pubd. March 20th, 1809, by Thos. Rowlandson, No 1. James Street, Adelphi, London,
- A scene in a crowded coffee house with a mad dog on a table and terrified customers scrambling for cover. On the wall, a broadside titled: For the brasiles the Cerberuse Capn. Popitner ... bruden ...
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 28 x 41 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1809.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Nixon, John, -1818, artist.
Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
Eating & drinking facilities--England--London.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 132
- Orbis Record