A portrait [graphic].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > A portrait [graphic].
- A portrait [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Harrington, Charles Stanhope,--Earl of,--1780-1851--Caricatures and cartoons.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 1812 January 10
- Copyright Date
- [10 January 1812]
- Publication Place
- H. Humphrey, No. 27 St. James's Street
"A companion plate to British Museum Satires No. 11924 by Rowlandson, with the same imprint. Lord Petersham stands full-face, as if on a flight of steps, the right foot advanced below the left, right hand on hip, holding a long cane, his hat in his left hand. He looks to the left, with a pleasing smile (for which he was noted). He has large whiskers, and wears a (brown) double-breasted tail-coat with high collar and sleeves gathered at the shoulders to form a peak, in the manner of a Jean de Bry coat, see British Museum Satires No. 9425, with long close-fitting breeches and spurred Hessian boots with large tassels."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 27.2 x 22 cm, on sheet 30.9 x 23.5 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 12
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 9, no. 11925
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 225
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)