A portrait [graphic].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > A portrait [graphic].
- A portrait [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Ernest Augustus,--King of Hanover,--1771-1851--Caricatures and cartoons.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 1812 January 10
- Copyright Date
- [10 January 1812]
- Publication Place
- H. Humphrey, No. 27 St. James's Street
"The Duke of Cumberland walks in profile to the left, putting his spy-glass to his right eye. He holds hat and cane, wears a high-collared coat with a star, blue with red facings (the Windsor uniform), leather breeches, and spurred top-boots. Behind is the pagoda in Kew Gardens, with a background of distant trees rising to a great height. A companion plate to British Museum Satires No. 11925 by Rowlandson, with the same imprint."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 27.3 x 22.1 cm, on sheet 28.7 x 22.4 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 12
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 9, no. 11924
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 225
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)