Temple at Strawberry Hill [graphic] / drawn & etched by Rowlandson ; Stadler aquatinta.
- Temple at Strawberry Hill [graphic] / drawn & etched by Rowlandson ; Stadler aquatinta.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker, artist.
- Copyright Date
A view of the front of the temple at Horace Walpole's home Strawberry Hill includes the circular garden and the ornamental urns planted with small trees leading to the temple's entrance. To the left the doors of the large iron gates are closed. A man sits reading in a bench in the middle of the image, beside the circular garden in front of the temple.
Artist name and date of execution also etched in lower left corner of image: Rowlandson del. 1822.
Date of publication from Grego.
Plate from: Rowlandson's sketches from nature. [London] : [publisher not identified], .
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching and aquatint on wove paper ; plate mark 18.8 x 24 cm, on sheet 22 x 28 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 14
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Twickenham (London, England)--Buildings, structures, etc.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Stadler, Joseph Constantine, printmaker.
Walpole, Horace,--1717-1797--Homes and haunts.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 2, page 373
- Orbis Record