La belle espagnole, ou, La doublure de Madame Tallien [graphic] / Js. Gy. d. et ft.
- La belle espagnole, ou, La doublure de Madame Tallien [graphic] / Js. Gy. d. et ft.
- Alternative Title
- Doublure de Madame Tallien
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1796 February 25
- Copyright Date
- [25 February 1796]
- Publication Place
- H. Humphrey, New Bond Street
- "A handsome mulatto woman walks from left to right and slightly towards the spectator. Her hair is a mop of carefully arranged curls. She wears a high-waisted, trailing dress, defining her limbs, with a shoulder-scarf, bare arms and neck, and much quasi-barbaric jewellery. On the wall (right) half of a picture of 'Havanna' is visible. A patterned carpet completes the design."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 31 x 22 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 8898
Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 419
Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 209
- Orbis Record