Georgey a' cock-horse [graphic].
- Georgey a' cock-horse [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1796 November 23
- Copyright Date
- [23 November 1796]
- Publication Place
- H. Humphrey, New Bond Street
- "George Hanger rides in profile to the left on a pony with a heavy body and short legs; his right foot thrust forward, the end of his bludgeon resting on the right toe. He wears a round hat tilted over the right eye, a striped neck-cloth, and prominent shirt-frill. Behind is the corner of (lower) 'Grosvenor Street', showing the door and a window of the famous coffee-house, 'The Mount', the name inscribed over the door."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 34.4 x 26.5 cm, on sheet 37 x 29 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1796.
Watermarks (Paper)--J. Whatman.--CtY-BR
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Hanger, George,--1751?-1824--Caricatures and cartoons.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 8889, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 426, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 215
- Orbis Record