Nature display'd [graphic] : shewing the effect of the change of the seasons on the ladies garden / T. B-h delt.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Nature display'd [graphic] : shewing the effect of the change of the seasons on the ladies garden / T. B-h delt.
- Nature display'd [graphic] : shewing the effect of the change of the seasons on the ladies garden / T. B-h delt.
- Alternative Title
- Nature displayed
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 1797 May 22
- Copyright Date
- [22 May 1797]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, 27 St. James's Street
"A design in an octagon enclosed within a square. Four headless women's figures, three-quarter length, emerge at right angles to each other from a centre surrounded by a wreath of cloud or smoke inscribed 'Thunder Lightning Wind Rain'. The neck of the figure rising vertically from the centre terminates in roses and is inscribed 'Gather your Rose-Buds while you may'. Projecting horizontally to the right is one terminating in bunches of grapes; another bunch below the waist is inscribed 'Nursery'. Facing downwards is a figure whose head is replaced by a smoking chimney-pot; she is 'Hot House'. The figure directed horizontally to the left terminates in primroses and is inscribed 'Two Bunches of Penny Primroses'."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker identified as Gillray in the British Museum catalogue.
Title from text in image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 25.4 x 25.4 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9097
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)