Count Roupee [graphic].
- Count Roupee [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1797 June 5
- Copyright Date
- [5 June 1797]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, 27 St. James's Street
- "A small ugly man rides a galloping horse in profile to the left, his leg thrust forward. He wears spectacles, his complexion is dark. There is a background of grass and trees, and in the distance a building with a pediment, evidently the new Knightsbridge Barracks (see 'Gent. Mag.', July 1797, p. 545, pl.)."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Text following title: Vide Hyde Park.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 27 x 36 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1797.
Watermarks (Paper)--Turkey Mills J Whatman.--CtY-LW
Watermarks (Paper)--Turkey Mills J. Whatman--1818.--CtY-BR
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Benfield, Paul,--approximately 1740-1810--Caricatures and cartoons.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9066, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 401, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 230
- Orbis Record