Un diplomatique settling affairs at Stevens's [graphic].
- Un diplomatique settling affairs at Stevens's [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1797 June 9
- Copyright Date
- [9 June 1797]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, 27 St. James's Street
- "Count Haslang sits alone in profile to the left at a small oblong table on which is a decanter. He holds a wineglass in his right hand; his left is slightly raised as if gesticulating, in response to some person (not depicted) at whom he looks sourly. He wears a star and ruffled shirt."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 32 x 24 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9067, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 436, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 230
- Orbis Record