Thirty years have I lived in the parish of Covent Garden ... [graphic].
- Thirty years have I lived in the parish of Covent Garden ... [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1797 December 16
- Copyright Date
- [16 December 1797]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, 27 St. James's Street
- "A face, wearing a plumed military hat, looks to the right out of a ferociously spurred military jack-boot which stands in profile to the left. The back of the head is concealed by the peak of the boot, which protects the wearer's knee. ..."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 37 x 26 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1797.
Watermarks (Paper)--Edmeads & Co.--CtY-LW
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Watson, Robert,--1746-1838--Caricatures and cartoons.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9073, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 450, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 232
- Orbis Record