A country concert, or, An evenings entertainment in Sussex [graphic].
- A country concert, or, An evenings entertainment in Sussex [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Evenings entertainment in Sussex
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1798 September 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 September 1798]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, 27 St. James's Street
- "A lady (left) sits at a piano, in back view, playing and singing. Beside her is a man playing the cello. Both sing: "Beviamo tutti tie" [sic]. Two men sit side by side, in profile to the left, one playing the violin, the other the flute. A little girl lying on the floor tilts dangerously the chair of the violinist, who watches intently the couple at the piano. A loutish youth in top-boots (right) plays with a dog whose collar is inscribed 'Anne Jon'."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 26.0 x 36.2 cm, on sheet 29 x 39 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1798.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Augustus Frederick,--Prince, Duke of Sussex,--1773-1843.
Billington, Elizabeth,--1765-1818--Caricatures and cartoons.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9306, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 449, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 254
- Orbis Record