Councellor Ego, i.e. Little i, Myself i [graphic] / Js. Gillray d. & f.
- Councellor Ego, i.e. Little i, Myself i [graphic] / Js. Gillray d. & f.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1798 October 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 October 1798]
- Publication Place
- J. Wright, No. 169 Piccadilly
- Erskine stands directed to the left, gazing straight before him; in his right hand is a sheet covered with repetitions of 'i' and 'me', and ending 'iiiiii me me me'. He wears counsellor's wig and gown, and bands. Above his head is a cap of Liberty with tricolour cockade. There is a background of low clouds.
Plate from: The Anti-Jacobin review and magazine, or, Monthly politique and literary censor. London, 1798, v. 1, page 355.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 20 x 12 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 9
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1798.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Erskine, Thomas Erskine,--Baron,--1750-1823--Caricatures and cartoons.
Wright, J. (John), 1770?-1844, publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9246
- Orbis Record