Mendoza [graphic] / J. Gillray ad viv. del. et fect.
- Mendoza [graphic] / J. Gillray ad viv. del. et fect.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
-  April 24
- Copyright Date
- [24 April 1788]
- Publication Place
- J. Lewis
- "Portrait of the boxer Daniel Mendoza standing whole-length before a fight, facing right with both fists raised, with spectators and landscape in the background."--British Museum online catalogue.
"Pr. 3 s."
Title etched below image.
Year of publication from British Museum online catalogue.
- 1 print : etching & aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 44.8 x 34.0 cm, on sheet 46.7 x 35.3 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Aitken, James, -1802, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 373
- Orbis Record