Half natural [graphic].
- Half natural [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1799 August 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 August 1799]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Skeffington, in back view, stands squarely, but looks smiling to the right, his sharp features in profile. He wears a round hat, powdered hair, with a dark whisker, a much-wrinkled Jean de Bry coat (see BMSat 9425), breeches, and top-boots with spike toes. His coat-collar and shoulders are thickly coated with hair-powder (cf. BMSat 8190). His attitude is that of one displaying his ungainly costume. He faces a path which leads to a distant gibbet."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched at bottom of image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 25 x 19 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9440, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 471, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 266
- Orbis Record