[Mr. Franco] [graphic] / Js. Gillray des. & ft.
- [Mr. Franco] [graphic] / Js. Gillray des. & ft.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1800 May 25
- Copyright Date
- [25 May 1800]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A stout youngish man, fashionably dressed and wearing boots of Hessian pattern, walks in profile to the right, on a flagged pavement. His nose is exaggeratedly Jewish and in the roadway are pigs (left and right) scampering off, only their hind-quarters visible said to indicate the converted Jew."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title from British Museum catalogue.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 26 x 19 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9562 and Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 467
- Orbis Record