A standing-dish at Boodles* [graphic].
- A standing-dish at Boodles* [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1800 May 28
- Copyright Date
- [28 May 1800]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A stout elderly man (three-quarter length) sits astride across a chair, his arms folded on its back; he wears a hat and holds a cane; his head is turned in profile to the left, and is seen through the wide-open sash of a window in Boodle's, St. James's Street. On the wall behind (left) is a portrait of a horse: 'Yellow Filly'."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Text below title and imprint statement: *Vide: a d---'d good coca-tree pun.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 25 x 17 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9563, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 464, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 271
- Orbis Record