Georgey in the coal-hole [graphic] / Js. Gillray inv. & fec.
- Georgey in the coal-hole [graphic] / Js. Gillray inv. & fec.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1800 July 15
- Copyright Date
- [1 July 1800]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "The interior of a small brick shed in which coal is heaped. George Hanger, in profile to the left, thin, and in tattered but fashionable clothes, carries a sack towards the doorway through which a coal-cart is seen."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 25.7 x 20 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9566, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 463, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 271
- Orbis Record