A charge at Ascot 1800 [graphic] : clear the course!, or, Virtue in danger.
- A charge at Ascot 1800 [graphic] : clear the course!, or, Virtue in danger.
- Alternative Title
- Clear the course and Virtue in danger
- Published / Created
- 1802 June 26
- Copyright Date
- [26 June 1802]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Lord Clermont (left) gallops (right to left) on a white pony, closely followed by a tall trooper with a drawn sword on a large horse. A little chimney-sweep has fallen on his back by the trooper's horse, dropping his brush and shovel. Behind are rails and a green slope."--British Museum online catalogue.
Reissue, with added imprint statement; original imprint scored through but visible: Publish'd by J. Harris, July 1, 1800, No. 29 Gerrard St., Soho. See British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 25.5 x 39 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 9575
- Orbis Record