Corporeal stamina [graphic] / Js. Gillray del. & fect. ad vivam.
- Corporeal stamina [graphic] / Js. Gillray del. & fect. ad vivam.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1801 April 13
- Copyright Date
- [13 April 1801]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "The bulky Lord Cholmondeley (1749-1827) stands in profile to the left. He wears a small round hat with long powdered hair tied back, and a whisker; a double-breasted coat over a double-breasted waistcoat, striped breeches, striped stockings, and wrinkled top-boots with heavy spurs. He holds a glove in his (gloved) left hand. In his right hand is a small cane. A double chin, heavy, paunchy figure, and wrinkled dress give an impression of physical slackness."--British Museum online catalogue.
Companion print to: "Mental energy."
Title etched above image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.4 x 19.9 cm, on sheet 34 x 25 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1801.
Watermarks (Paper)--J. Whatman--1804.--CtY-BR
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Cholmondeley, George James Cholmondeley,--Marquess of,--1749-1827--Caricatures and cartoons.
Gillray, James, 1756-1815, artist.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
- Politicians--Great Britain.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9756, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 468, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 282
- Orbis Record