Mental energy [graphic] / Js. Gillray delt. & fect. ad vivam.
- Mental energy [graphic] / Js. Gillray delt. & fect. ad vivam.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1801 April 13
- Copyright Date
- [13 April 1801]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Lord Clare (1749-1802) walks in profile to the left on a pavement. He is erect and alert, inclining slightly forward, holding a slim cane erect. He wears round hat, short unpowdered wig, dark coat, gloves, and spurred top-boots."--British Museum online catalogue.
Companion print to: "Corporeal stamina."
Title etched above image.
- 1 print : etching with roulette & stipple on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.4 x 20.3 cm, on sheet 34 x 24 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1801.
Watermarks (Paper)--J. Whatman Turkey Mills--1817.--CtY-BR
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Clare, John Fitzgibbon,--Earl of,--1748-1802--Caricatures and cartoons.
Gillray, James, 1756-1815, artist.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
- Cabinet officers--Ireland.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9757, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 509, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 283
- Orbis Record