What can little T.O. do? Why drive a phaeton and two!! Can little T.O. do no more? Yes, drive a phaeton and four!!!! [graphic] / Js. Gillray del. & fect. ad vivm.
- What can little T.O. do? Why drive a phaeton and two!! Can little T.O. do no more? Yes, drive a phaeton and four!!!! [graphic] / Js. Gillray del. & fect. ad vivm.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1801 May 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 May 1801]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- The stout, middle aged figure of Tommy Onslow drives an elegant high perch phaeton drawn by four spirited horses, in a cloud of dust, along the Rotten Row in Hyde Park. He wears a coachman's caped coat and top hat with a large whip in his hand. Two grooms follow behind and a coach drives past in the opposite direction.
- Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & aquatint ; sheet 27 x 68 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1801.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Onslow, Thomas Onslow,--Earl of,--1754-1827.
- Subject (Topic)
Carriages & coaches.
Clothing & dress--England--1800-1810.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9759, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 502, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 283
- Orbis Record