From Sir Willm. Hamilton's collection [graphic].
- From Sir Willm. Hamilton's collection [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- From Sir William Hamilton's collection
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1801 May 8
- Copyright Date
- [8 May 1801]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A caricature of Hamilton, in back view, in the form of a porcelain vase standing on a (chipped) base inscribed: 'D AM.N.Q.V.I.Σ.Σ.Ω.N'. The wig, with black bag, forms the cover of the vase. The shoulders are enormously wide and curved, with large projecting epaulettes. The curved body of the vase, broadened by the arms, dwindles to the coat-tails, and rests on a stem consisting of two short and bulging legs terminating in ungainly buckled shoes. See BMSat 9753."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.8 x 20.5 cm, on sheet 28.1 x 21.3 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9754
- Orbis Record