[The Prince of Wales] [graphic].
- [The Prince of Wales] [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Prince of Wales from behind
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1802 March 10
- Copyright Date
- [10 March 1802]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "The Prince stands in back view, his head turned to the left. His heels are together. His powdered hair or wig has a cockatoo-like crest, worn with a very small queue, round which his coat is thickly frosted with powder, cf. BMSat 8190. His neck, as indicated by his coat-collar, is grotesquely thick, his coat has the bulky sleeves associated with Jean de Bry, see BMSat 9425, with pointed coat-tails. Under his left arm is a cocked hat. The word 'Honi . . .' appears on his garter."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title and printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.8 x 20.8 cm, on sheet 33.7 x 24.0 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- [State with the shoes modernized].
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1802.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
George--IV,--King of Great Britain,--1762-1830--Caricatures and cartoons.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9846
Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 480
- Orbis Record