"All Bond-Street trembled as he strode" [graphic] / Js. Gillray del. & ft.
- "All Bond-Street trembled as he strode" [graphic] / Js. Gillray del. & ft.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1802 May 8
- Copyright Date
- [8 May 1802]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A squarely built young man walks, with an unseeing stare, diagonally towards the spectator and to the left, on a pavement. He wears a round hat, high coat-collar over swathed neckcloth; his double-breasted 'Jean de Bry' coat, see BMSat 9425, is strained across a double-breasted waistcoat horizontally striped. He wears long breeches or pantaloons which drape his legs, and low pumps with cross gartering above his ankles. In his right hand he clutches a tasselled cane, held horizontally."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title etched above image.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 25.9 x 20.7 cm, on sheet 34 x 24 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 10
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1802.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Fife, James Duff,--Earl,--1776-1857--Caricatures and cartoons.
Gillray, James, 1756-1815, artist.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 9909 and Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 473
- Orbis Record