An old encore at the opera [graphic] / I.L.R. pinx.
- An old encore at the opera [graphic] / I.L.R. pinx.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1803 April 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 April 1803]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "Lord Galloway, standing in profile to the left., extends both arms in order to clap vigorously. The words "Bravo! - Bravo!" issue from his tightly-closed lips. His aged face is wrinkled and he wears a curiously shaped powdered wig terminating in a small pigtail; a tight-fitting coat, with his famous star (see BMSat 10161), and a frilled shirt. The front of the box is indicated on the left."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker identified as Gillray in the British Museum catalogue.
Temporary local subject terms: Opera.
Title engraved below image.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 24.7 x 20.0 cm, on sheet 30.5 x 23 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1803.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Galloway, John Stewart,--Earl of,--1736-1806--Caricatures and cartoons.
Gillray, James, 1756-1815, artist.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 10159, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 564, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 307
- Orbis Record