Clearing a five-bar-gate [graphic] / J. Cd. Esqr. del.
- Clearing a five-bar-gate [graphic] / J. Cd. Esqr. del.
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1805 August 20
- Copyright Date
- [20 August 1805]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "A horse shies at a high and solid gate, throwing its fat rider, who flies sideways through the air, with arms extended. He wears red coat and top-boots. Behind shrubs on the. farther side of the gate lies a bull, the cause of the accident. Trees form a background."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker identified as Gillray in the British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & aquatint on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 25.5 x 33.7 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 10481, Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 536, and Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 325
- Orbis Record