- Fast-asleep [graphic].
- Gillray, James, 1756-1815, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1806 November 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 November 1806]
- Publication Place
- H. Humprey, No. 27 St. James's Street
- "An elderly 'cit' sleeps in a low, upright chair, leaning back till his profile faces the ceiling. His hands are clasped over his chest, his wig dangles from his coat-collar, and he puffs from tightly shut lips. The room is bare with a boarded floor. On a round table are a jug and glass, and the sleeper's pipe lying on 'Cobbett's Political Register'."--British Museum online catalogue.
Campanion print to: "Wide-awake."
Printmaker from British Museum catalogue.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching & stipple engraving with roulette on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 24 x 20.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Gillray v. 11
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1806.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Humphrey, Hannah, active 1774-1817, publisher.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 8, no. 10644
Wright, T. Historical and descriptive account of the caricatures by James Gillray, no. 561
Wright, T. Works of James Gillray, the caricaturist with the history of his life and times, p. 343
- Orbis Record